Natural Burial Service
Cedar Memorial Park recognizes and embraces the trend towards end of life rituals that are both environmentally friendly and meaningful for families.
Our Natural Burial Service provides everything necessary for commemorative services and burial within a green cemetery, conventional cemetery and, in certain circumstances, on private property. A public viewing utilizing non-formaldehyde-based embalming can be arranged for an additional charge. Cedar Memorial is certified by the Green Burial Council.
• Basic Services of Funeral Director and Staff
• Other Preparation of the Body*
• Private Viewing for Family within 48 hours of death
• Facilities and Staff for Funeral Ceremony
• Music Licensing Fees
• Staff Organist/Pianist at Cedar Memorial Facilities
• Equipment and Staff for Graveside Committal Service
• Transfer of Loved One to Funeral Home
• Funeral Coach to Place of Service and Disposition
• Service/Utility Car for Flowers and Other Errands
• Biodegradable Eco-Friendly Casket (Natural Wood)
• $100 Toward Service Flowers at Our Flower Shop
• Carnation Boutonnières for Pallbearers
• Eco-Friendly Personalized Memorial Record Package
• AfterCare Services
* Eco-friendly embalming is an additional option. It is required for public visitations or if services cannot be performed within the Iowa code requirement of 48 hours.